17/02/08

Ideas ... thoughts ... etc.

I know I am probably being naive/difficult by saying this, but for me I envision this as a way to focus on the connections of two cultures. I personally want to step outside of my comfort zone just as I would if I was to travel to a different country/culture. I do not even know if I want to use traditional materials or the materials that I regularly use. I thought a video piece might be interesting (anyone else game?)
There are many conceptual ideas that are floating around in my head.

1. How do these two cultures relate to one another?
2. What about our historical origins?
3. What about our similarities/differences in language?
4. What about the political tie-ins?
5. What about the art historical perspective; academic (traditional) and also non traditional?

Actually something that is really interesting to me is the misconceptions and biases that are created about other cultures, especially the current dialogue in the U.S. about Mexican and United States relations.


TRANSLATION:
Yo se que probablemente estoy siendo difícil o ingenuo al decir esto, pero yo pienso en esto como una manera de enfocarse en las conexiones entre dos culturas. Personalmente, yo quiero salirme de mi zona de confort de la misma manera que lo haría si viajara a otro país o visitara otra cultura. Ni siquiera sé si mi intención es utilizar materiales tradicionales o los materiales que uso regularmente. Pienso que un video seria interesante (¿Alguien más cree lo mismo?)

Hay muchas ideas que están flotando en mi mente:

1. ¿Cómo se relacionan estas dos culturas?
2. ¿Qué hay de nuestros origines históricos?
3. ¿Qué hay de nuestras similitudes o diferencias en lenguaje?
4. ¿Qué hay de las conexiones políticas?
5. ¿Qué hay de la perspectiva de la historia del arte; académica (tradicional) y también no académica (no tradicional)?

De hecho, algo que yo encuentro muy interesante son las ideas erróneas y las predisposiciones o prejuicios que se crean sobre otras culturas, especialmente con respecto al dialogo que esta ocurriendo en los Estados Unidos sobre las relaciones entre este país y México.

No hay comentarios.: